Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sleepy Bear Reads SCAREDY SQUIRREL MAKES A FRIEND

Hi Book Buddies,

Tomorrow my new Best Book Buddy, Thorndyke, and I are going to read SCAREDY SQUIRREL MAKES A FRIEND by Melanie Watts. 

Introducing Book

 

This is a funny picture of Scaredy Squirrel.  He looks scared!

 

 

Oh, before I forget, we are starting at ten o’clock if you live on the west coast and at two o’clock if you live on the east coast.  I’m going to set an alarm clock so I don’t get confused tomorrow about what time to start!  I don’t want to be late for my own book club.  That would not be very good.

I invited my friend, Moosey-Moose to read with us.  I think he is a little nervous.  He doesn’t think he’s a very good reader.  Will you do me a favor and write to him and tell him not to be nervous or afraid?  Tell him we will help him with the tricky words.

Be sure to read with us tomorrow!  Thorndyke will write to me and I’m going to write back to him and all his library  friends who are all the way in Michigan!  I’m so excited I might not sleep tonight.

Your Book Buddy,

Sleepy Bear

2 comments:

Thorndyke said...

Sleepy Bear! I'm sorry I just realized that I got my time mixed up! My friends from Canton and I are going to be reading Scaredy Squirrel Makes a friend @ 2 pm in Michigan, which is 11 am where you live. Goodness! Time zones are tricky things! You'll still be able to join us, right?
Bear Hugs,
Thorndyke

Kati said...

Love this , thanks for sharing!