Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sleepy Bear and the INTERRUPTING CHICKEN

Hi Book Buddies!

I’m super duper excited about reading a new book.

Sleepy Bear Introduces New Book

I chose INTERRUPTING CHICKEN by David Ezra Stein.

 

 

The story is about a red chicken who can’t go to sleep at night.  So, she asks her papa to read a bedtime story to her but she won’t sit and listen to the story!  Instead, she, well, I don’t want to give that part away. Check back tomorrow and I’ll tell you what happens next.

Oh, a fun fact about the book is that it won the Caldecott Honor Award this year.  The Caldecott Award is for illustrators.  That’s the person who makes the pictures in picture books.

I hope you join me while I read INTERRUPTING CHICKEN.  I invited Moosey-Moose, too.  Will you help him with some of the tricky words?  I know he would really like your help.  Here’s his blog address:  http://MooseyMooseWrites.blogspot.com

Your Book Buddy,

Sleepy Bear 

No comments: