Monday, February 21, 2011

Sleepy Bear Answers His Mail!

Hi Book Buddies,

My friend, Thorndyke, in Canton, Michigan wrote back to me. He wants to know if I have read the book called, BIG SMELLY BEAR.  Thorndyke, what is that book about?

I like to read all kinds of books.  Sometimes I am in the mood for a picture book like INTERRUPTING CHICKEN.  Sometimes I am in the mood for a graphic novel like BABYMOUSE.  Those are funny! Sometimes I like to read books about puppies like the PUPPY PLACE books.  Sometimes I like to read big chapter books like THE PENDERWICKS.  I’m not picky, I just like to read.

I am super excited about reading together on Wednesday.  If you live on the west coast, we will start at ten o’clock in the morning.  If you live on the east coast it will be one o’clock in the afternoon.  Ask an adult to help you with the time zone stuffs.  It’s complicated.

Oh!  I almost forgot to tell you the book we are reading together.  It is called SCAREDY SQUIRREL MAKES A FRIEND!  That sounds like Thorndyke and me.  We both made a new friend with each other.  Thorndyke, are you going to drink hot cocoa with goo-gobs of whippy cream?

Is it OK with you if I invite Moosey-Moose to read with us?

Write soon.

Your new best Book Buddy,

Sleepy Bear

No comments: