Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sleepy Bear Reads Another Story for Halloween

Hi Book Buddies,

I’m reading another story from Tales of Mystery and Magic.

Tales of Mystery and Magic - Intro

I told Kathleen I didn’t want to read at night because I was too scaredy. She said, “Okay.” So I waited until today.

 

Story #2 - Page 1

I didn’t know I would get so lucky and have a super sunny day!

 

 

 

 

The story I am reading is called, “The Blackbird and His Wife”. This story is from India. 

I like this one because it has a lot of sound words like RAT-TAT-TAT, and THUMP, THUMP, THUMP. Words like that are called onomatopoeia words. That is a tricky word to spell.

 

 

Story #2 - Page 2

 

The story is about a lady blackbird and she is captured by a king. The blackbird’s husband wants to save her.

 

 

 

So, the husband blackbird gets ready to go to battle with the king. Along the way the husband blackbird gathers some helpers.

 

Story #2 - Page 3

The husband blackbird is also captured by the king. On the final day the husband blackbird calls to the river.

 

 

 

The river comes to the king’s house and causes a flood. The king is cold and shivers. Finally, the king lets both of blackbirds free!

Whew! This was not a scary story at all! Lucky me.

I hope you get to read this story at home. If you want to, ask an adult to help you go to the Barefoot Books website. Here is the link:http://www.barefootbooks.com/marketplace/14036/

Have a happy and a safe Halloween!

Your Book Buddy,

Sleepy Bear

No comments: