Friday, November 11, 2011

Sleepy Bear Reads More Don’t Lick the Dog

HI Book Buddies,

Tsavo and I are back to read more, Don’t Lick the Dog, by Wendy Wahman.

 

Page #6

Today we we learn how to tell a doggy that we have had enough puppy kisses. Sometimes Tsavo likes to give me lots and lots of puppy kisses. I know she is trying to tell me how much she loves me. But sometimes, too many is sloppy.

 

Then my fur gets sticky and then Kathleen has to help me comb out the knots.

 

Page #7

Something else digs like to do is jump up to greet you. The doggy is just being friendly but if you are small like me, the doggy might knock you down. That is not safe. Be sure to turn your back to the doggy so he knows he needs to be on his best behavior to greet you.

 

If a doggy starts to grumble, it means they have had enough hugging and playing from their person. That is when it is a good idea to leave the doggy alone. Right, Tsavo? I know she agrees.

Page #8

Well, we are at the end of the book. The main idea I learned is that you need to have good manners and be patient and polite when meeting doggies for the first time. Right, Tsavo?

 

 

Be sure to ask permission first from the doggies owner before getting close to greet the doggy.

I hope you enjoyed this picture book as much as Tsavo and I did. Wendy did a super job choosing descriptive words and especially painting the bright pictures.

Check back on Monday when I start to read a new book. I’ll give you a clue. It is a book about dinosaurs! Oh, I wonder what Moosey-Moose is up to in Washington, DC.? I’m going to read his blog to find out.

Your Book Buddies,

Sleepy Bear and Tsavo

No comments: