Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sleepy Bear's Book Club for Girls with Mockingbird Books - New Book!

Hi Book Buddies!

It's time to start our new book for the next month. But first, I want to tell you about our meeting yesterday at Mockingbird Books.

First, Sue gave us pizza to munch on. It was really yummy and it had pepperoni on it. Then we talked about all of the BABYMOUSE books. We each shared something from our favorite book.

One girl has read all of them! WOW! I think that is a super accomplishment. Well, she liked something different from each book. But her favorite book was CAMP BABYMOUSE. She liked the part where Babymouse thinks a garden hose and two sticks are snakes! Well, even I might get them mixed up if I had never been camping before. She also shared BABYMOUSE THE MUSICAL. That one reminded me of stories Kathleen tells me about when she used to work for a company that makes musical show performances on a stage.

Kathleen's favorite book was BEACH BABE. She said she felt sorry for Squeak but liked how Babymouse finally learned that she had a best friend with her at the beach the whole time! That reminded me of Moosey-Moose when he sometimes doesn't want to play with me.

OK, now the part you've really been waiting for! We decided we would read THE PUPPY PLACE books by Ellen Miles. I've never read any of these books and I've never read a book that has a puppy as the main character. I can't wait to get started. I don't know which one I'll read first. But you can read as many as you want. Then at our next meeting on July 15 we will share our favorite PUPPY PLACE books.

Be sure to check back for more about THE PUPPY PLACE.

Your Book Buddy,

Sleepy Bear

No comments: