Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sleepy Bear’s Book Buddies Recommend a New Book!

Hi Book Buddies,

Today was a super special day for me.  I got to visit my book buddies in Mrs. A’s classroom!  They were very nice to me and I learned a lot from them.

One reading strategy they taught me was how to learn tricky words.  They told me to use the pictures to help me.  I like that idea!  Another strategy they taught me was to be sure to sound out the tricky words.  Sometimes I get lazy and I skip the tricky words.  That  is not a good idea.

I was really hoping my book buddies would give me a recommendation for a new book or an author to read for the month of May.  Guess what? 

Sleepy Bear's New Book

They gave me the most perfect recommendation!

The book is called The Talking Eggs by Robert D. San Souci and illustrated by Jerry Pinkney.

In 1989 this book won the Caldecott Honor Award.  That means the pictures are really really good!

I’m very excited to start reading my new book.  I hope my book buddies write to me and share their thinking while reading this book with their teacher, Mrs. A. 

Check back tomorrow when I share my thinking with you, too.

Your Book Buddy,

Sleepy Bear

No comments: