Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sleepy Bear Reads a Junie B. Jones Book

Hi Book Buddies,

I’m reading a new book.  It was recommended to me by my new book buddies in Mrs. A.’s second grade class.

Stupid Smelly Bus - Day 1

 

I’m reading the first book in the series.  It is called JUNIE B. JONES AND THE STUPID SMELLY BUS, by Barbara Park

 I read the first chapter already.  Junie B. is not shy at all!  I am very shy.  I wonder if Junie B. and I would be friends if I went to school with her. 

Junie B. got really mad when the teacher and her mom did not tell her about the bus and where it was going.  I would be mad, too.  But maybe Junie B. could be more patient.  What do you think?

I’m going to read more tonight. Today is the perfect day to sit inside and drink hot cocoa with goo-gobs of whippy cream.  Junie B. Jones is just the kind of friend I like on cloudy days, too.  She’s spunky!  Oh, I know someone else who might like Junie B. Jones.  Moosey-Moose!  I’m going to go find him right now and ask him to join me.  Check back later and I’ll tell you more about Junie B.

Your Book Buddy,

Sleepy Bear

2 comments:

Mrs. A said...

Dearest Sleepy Bear,
We just came back from the Library! We go on every Wednesday. We love going to the library.
Thank you for sending us the book marks. We just got them today and our teacher won't let us have them until after the blogging lesson becuase she thinks we will get tooo excited and then not pay attention to writing our note to you.

We would all love it if you came to our class. It would be the bestest day in the whole world.

We were wondering where you live, Sleepy Bear?
What is your favorite food besides ice cream and goopy gobs of whippy cream?
Do you like to sleep a lot?
How are you liking the next chapter of smelly bus? We have a test question on Junie B. for you. What does Junie B. call her teacher? And who is her bestest friend?

We hope you enjoy the book!
Your 2nd Grade Book Buddies and book lovers.

Aiyah said...

dear sleep bear you didnt get my message i think. this is Mrs a student i am a girl. how stupid smelly bus going sleepy bear. i saw you have your goopy gobs of whippy cream. we have libary on wednesday after lunch. i like how you have the name sleepy bear. how is the second chapter or third chapter going sleepy bear. love book buddie