Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sleepy Bear Reads a Christmas Story

 

Hi Book Buddies,

I’m reading one of my most favoritist Christmas stories of all time.

Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree

Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree by Robert Barry. Kathleen, my reading and writing teacher, told me this was her most favoritist Christmas book when she was a little girl.

 

 

 

 

Kathleen said her dad used to read this story to her. I wonder if they drank hot cocoa with goo gobs of whippy cream!

And the Story Begins

 

The story begins with Mr. Willowby’s tree arriving by special delivery. That means a special truck is used to deliver  only his tree.

 

 

 

We have our tree, but Kathleen’s husband, Troy, had to deliver it all by himself.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Mr. Willowby has delivery men to carry his tree into the house. It is a big tree!

I know this story by memory because I have read it so many times. But I still like to read it every year.

 

 

 

Do you have a favorite holiday story? If you do, will you write to me and tell me the name?

Check back tomorrow and I will tell you what happens next to Mr. Willowby’s Christmas tree.

Your Book Buddy,

Sleepy Bear

No comments: