Monday, June 27, 2011

Sleepy Bear Meets Stephanie Barden

Hi Book Buddies,

Look at me!

Stephanie Barden Reads to Sleepy Bear - June 2011


I had a super good time at Mockingbird Books on Saturday.
I got to meet a real live author, in person. Her name is Ms. Barden, the author of Cinderella Smith.
She even read to me. She’s really nice.

 

 

 

Ms. Barden told us about how she got the idea for her story. She wanted it to be a picture book. But, her agent and editor wanted it to be a chapter book. So, she had to write a LOT more words.

Moosey-Moose and Kathleen are writing a book. I watch them so I know that writing chapters takes a long time. Moosey-Moose says it’s hard work, too, and that’s why I have to do his chores. Anyway, I just like reading books.

Sleepy Bear Reads His Autographed Book - June 2011

After Ms. Barden read to me she signed her name on the title page! Look real close at the message.

 

 

I had a super duper good time meeting Ms. Barden. Oh, and the cupcakes were yummy! I hope you read Cinderella Smith, too.

Your Book Buddy,

Sleepy Bear

No comments: