Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sleepy Bear’s Book Club–LILLY’S PURPLE PLASTIC PURSE

Hi Book Buddies,

My reading and writing teacher, Kathleen, went to the library for me and checked out LILLY’S PURPLE PLASTIC PURSE by Kevin Henkes.

PB161594

Do you see what color my cup is for hot cocoa and whippy cream?

PB161595

Lilly is lucky to have a nice teacher like Mr. Slinger.  I hope your teacher is super nice, too.

PB161596

Uh Oh!  I think Lilly is going to get into trouble.  She’s having a hard time being considerate.  That means she’s not very polite to Mr. Slinger when he’s teaching.  Lilly might get into trouble.

PB161597

 

Lilly said straws make everything taste better.  She’s right!

 


Luckily for Lilly, her parents are very helpful and Mr. Slinger understood she was having a bad day.  He forgave her for being rude in class.

I like Lilly.  I hope you write to me and tell me your favorite part of LILLY’S PURPLE PLASTIC PURSE.

My next book is going to be WEMBERLY WORRIED. Kevin Henkes wrote that book, too.

Bye for now,

Sleepy Bear 

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Very cute! I love that Sleepy Bear reads next to the fire. That is exactly where I like to read. And a cup of hot cocoa sounds perfect with a good book.