Monday, November 1, 2010

Sleepy Bear Visits Another Rehearsal for The Wizard of Oz at Seattle Public Theater

Hi Friends,

I had a busy weekend at the theater. On Saturday morning I got to watch another rehearsal for THE WIZARD OF OZ! It was fun to watch the kids warm up. That’s so they can do their choreography and not pull a muscle.

This is me with Todd Hulet. He's the director. I'm learning a lot from him about being an actor on the stage!
I tried to do some warm up exercises. First I stretched one arm up high and counted to 8. Then I stretched the other side, just like the kids at rehearsal. That’s hard work.

I made another friend, too. This is Max. He plays Toto. He said he watched A LOT of dogs so he would know what to do. I have a dog at home. It would be really hard to act like a dog for the whole show. But Max is a really good actor.

Makena plays Dorothy. Today she got to try on her red shoes. They are very sparkly.

The kids are almost ready to perform for their families. Just one more rehearsal. I bet they are super excited to finally share what they have learned!

Today is a perfect day to sit inside with a cup of hot cocoa and whippy cream and read the book, THE WIZARD OF OZ. So far I have found one contrast. Toto doesn’t talk like he does on the stage! I’ll tell you more later.

Your book buddy,

Sleepy Bear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sleepy Bear,