Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sleepy Bear's Book Club - FROM THE MIXE-UP FILES OF MRS. BASIL E. FRANKWEILER

Hi, Book Buddies,



I'm very excited to start another book for my book club. The book I chose is another Newbery Medal winner. It is called, FROM THE MIXED-UP FILES OF MRS. BASIL E. FRANKWEILER, by e.l. konigsburg. Oh, first I should mention that the author writes her name in lower case letters on her books. I don't know why. That would be a good question to ask her one day.

This story is about a girl named Claudia who takes her brother, Jaime, and runs away to live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. That sounds pretty exciting! But there's more. There's something about Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler and Claudia needs to find out who she is before she can go home. This book sounds like a good mystery story, too.

Let's read the first chapter this week. Write to me to let me know what you are thinking about while you are reading. And don't forget to write down your refrigerator words on sticky notes.

Your Book Buddy,

Sleepy Bear

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sleepy Bear how are you today?We are reading the same book for Read Aloud today.We started the book yesterday.We are only on chapter one.What chapter are you on Sleepy Bear?Are you reading the book right now?Today we are going to read THE MIXE-UP FILES OF MRS.BASIL E. FRANKWEILER?Bye Sleepy Bear.Sincerely,Crystal

Anonymous said...

Hi Sleepy Bear how are you?
We are reading that book for our book club.What chapter are you on?

Anonymous said...

Sleepy Bear I just wanyed to ask what book is the one that Crystal told you? Cause if It's a chapter book I'm noy sure cause i havent seen it now bye for now Sincerly,Cecilia